mrCOCONUThead

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A sprained ankle

My right ankle was in bad shape yesterday. Can’t really figure out how or when I injured it. Little did I know that it was actually God’s intention till this morning…

You see, I have been feeling pretty stressed-up lately. I do not know why or what causes the stress. Many times I would find myself straining my eyes, gritting my teeth, tensing my muscle while reading, working or even watching the TV. I also walked very fast. Because I walk fast, I think fast and as I think fast, I walk faster…. chasing after the wind.

This sprained ankle slowed me down an awful lot. I literally limped my way from point to point. It was so bad that I actually noticed a difference in my traveling time from home to office and from office home. That was how fast I walked before I sprained my ankle.

As I did my devotion this morning, God brought this verse to mind, “"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, ".. Luke10:41”. And while I limped towards my office pondering on the verse, I suddenly realized God’s intention for my sprained ankle… to slow me down, to make me reflect and appreciate the simple things in life. And of course to re-align my focus in life, my stressed-up life to be specific, …. “but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her. ".. Luke10:42

Luke 10:38-42
38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" 41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home