mrCOCONUThead

Thursday, June 01, 2006

The World Cup and I.


I have no love for soccer and thus, no enthusiasm for the coming World Cup. The other day, a friend asked me if I watched the “whatever team against whatever team” match the night before, I was put in a dilemma of whether to tell him the “unacceptable” truth of me not interested in World Cup or to just simply say “No”.

“Unacceptable” because, it is like a social norm that boys … or rather guys … ok,ok men, to be interested in the World Cup and if you are not, you must be some kind of a freak. I had tried to embrace the sport in the past but it simply bores me and so I stopped trying. I had also put in efforts to try play the game, and in the entire 90mins game, I probably come in contact with the ball not more than 10 times (with 5 times being hit by it). And when I finally had the ball under my foot, I will be so uptight I simply ramp it with maximum force, in an unknown direction.

Now it is the season again: The World Cup Fever. Everyone will be talking about Ronaldo and David Beckham and Francesco Totti (yes I did my research on the internet to get those names) and I will be among them trying to “catch some (soccer) balls”. (speaking of which ... maybe I will make an excellent ball-picker.)

2 Comments:

  • Haha!!!

    That's my hubby!

    By Blogger No Name, at 5:09 PM  

  • it's ok bro. beside soccer, there's more to life for you... like picking balls for others, making coffe for others who are watching football or just clap hands/shout together with others when Brazil score the winning goal.. isn't that wonderful? =)

    By Blogger Roland, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home